The ECPR Winter School was established in 2012, when it was hosted by the University of Vienna. It now offers cutting-edge courses in qualitative and quantitative methodological topics, giving participants the skills they need to kickstart their career. Our 2019 school was the most successful to date, with more than 400 participants attending 47 courses (23% of which were fully booked shortly after release).
This year's event offers an impressive 60 courses – including some new ones – all delivered by experienced Instructors, and supported by dedicated Teaching Assistants:
- Three FREE, lecture style early-morning courses – a Maths Refresher, Philosophy and Methodology of the Social Sciences, and a new course on Visualisation of Information
- 18 two-day Short courses, including new additions Relational Event Models, Synthetic Control Methods for Policy Impact Evaluation and Introduction to Conjoint Experiments
- 36 five-day Main courses, including new additions Measuring Difficult Concepts, Comparisons in Interpretive Research, Analyticism and Pragmatism in Social Science, Tools for the Analysis of Complex Social Systems: An Introduction and Ethnographic Methods in Difficult Situations
- Three five-day Advanced Workshops
- Two Seasoned Scholar Workshops
The exciting plenary programme faciliates valuable networking opportunities, putting you in touch with people who share your research interests. This Winter School also sees the return of our popular Methods Café, along with lunchtime debates on hot topics in the discipline.