The Cluster of Excellence “Contestations of the Liberal Script” (SCRIPTS), directed by Professor Tanja A. Börzel and Professor Michael Zürn, is offering up to four postdoctoral fellowships. We encourage applications on projects focussing on contemporary controversies about the liberal order from a historical, global, and/or comparative perspective. Applications from our international partners, the Global South, and from emerging economies are particularly welcome.
We are especially interested in the following topics:
• Variations of the liberal script in Latin America, Africa, and Asia, as well as in historical perspectives from these regions
• Contestations of the liberal script within and outside liberal democracies: from European right-wing populism to African communitarianism to China’s economic system
• Global challenges the world is facing in the 21st century, such as migration, the crisis of democracy, growing inequality, and sustainability as well as debates about social and political order.
Successful candidates must have their PhD submitted by the fall of 2019 (September 30, 2019 at the latest). The duration of the fellowship is 10 months (October 1, 2019 - July 31, 2020) with a stipend of 25,000 EUR (including travel expenses).
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- CV and list of publications;
- Proposal for a postdoctoral project (max. 5,000 words);
- Transcripts of degrees and other relevant material;
- Two letters of reference.
Please send your application via email to Thomas Risse (irc(at)scripts-berlin(dot)eu). Alternatively, to the following address:
Freie Universität Berlin Cluster of Excellence “Contestations of the Liberal Script” (SCRIPTS)
International Research College
Prof. Dr. Thomas Risse Ihnestr. 26 D-14195 Berlin
For more information, please visit www.scripts-berlin.eu or submit an inquiry via irc(at)scripts-berlin(dot)eu.