The International Postdoc Initiative (IPODI) is part of the gender equality initiative of the Technische Universität Berlin that aims to increase the number of women in leadership positions in science and research. The program addresses excellent female researchers regardless of their nationality or age and is open to applications from all fields of research represented at TU Berlin. Researchers returning from periods of international mobility, mobility between sectors, or non-academic mobility (e.g., after parental leave) are especially encouraged to apply.
Since 2014, IPODI has awarded 30 fellowships to female researchers from 16 different countries. The fellowships reflect the wide range of disciplines at TU Berlin, from mechanical engineering to art history. The impressive scientific achievements of IPODI fellows, their further career steps as well as feedback from IPODI alumnae and mentors testify to the success of the program. From 2013 to 2018, IPODI was co-funded by the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions COFUND Programme of the European Commission. Due to its great results, TU Berlin decided to continue the program and to sponsor three further funding periods with eleven additional fellowships. The sixth call for applications offers four two-year fellowships and is open between June 17 and September 17, 2019.
What we offer
- a two-year employment contract at TU Berlin with a competitive salary according to salary group E 13 of TVL, including social security and health insurance as well as pension coverage
- a contribution of €10,000 to the individual research budget
- personal mentoring by an experienced researcher at TU Berlin
- excellent research conditions in one of the seven faculties at TU Berlin
- personalized training in the fields of research management, soft skills and career development
- up to two German language classes annually
- professional networking opportunities through TU Berlin’s many alliances with research institutions and industrial partners worldwide
- the numerous benefits of living in one of Europe’s most exciting and vibrant capital cities with a world-class research environment
- comprehensive relocation and administrative support through the IPODI office
- TU Berlin’s family service for researchers with care responsibilities
Who can apply
- Applicants must have completed their PhD but may have no more than ten years of research experience after obtaining their doctoral degree. An additional extension of up to three years is possible (e.g., due to care responsibilities, chronic disease).
- Researchers with diverse career paths are explicitly invited to apply for an IPODI fellowship. Applications from researchers with periods of international mobility, mobility within sectors or non-academic mobility are especially welcome. IPODI perceives such career “breaks” as additional qualifications with respect to social and organizational skills, and considers them within the eligibility criteria and selection process.
- Applicants may not have resided or carried out their main activity in Germany for more than 12 months in the three years prior to the call deadline (Marie Curie Mobility Rule).
- The research proposal must fit into one of the fields of research represented at TU Berlin and must be supported by a cooperating professor at TU Berlin.
- The application must be submitted in complete form by the deadline announced in the call for applications.
Technische Universität Berlin
Dr. Stefanie Schäfer
Straße des 17. Juni 135
Phone: +49 (0)30 314-79842